Terms and Conditions
This page sets out our terms and conditions how Advanced Heating & Plumbing Limited work with their clients and how to make a complaint.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall at all times provide competent personnel in carrying out the service.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall provide a service within normal working hours of 8.00am and 5.30 pm Monday to Friday not including public holidays. At the current standard rates of the company.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall provide the service outside normal hours at the current overtime rates of Advance Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- The service shall be offered on the basis that it will be provided as quickly as is reasonably possible within the confines of current workload, availability of personnel, weather and traffic conditions, transport and fuel availability, availability of parts and other conditions on which the company is dependent on but outside of their direct control and which from time to time do arise. Consequently, no liability or responsibility shall be accepted for delays caused by conditions, events, acts, omissions or status of affairs beyond the control of Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd
Fair Pricing & Charging
Our pricing and charging structure is be based on either:
- A time and materials basis calculated on current rates and prices of Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- A fixed Price Quotation, quoted in advance of work.
- Time and materials. Labour Charges are calculated from the point of arrival at the customer’s premises to the point of finishing the work and are calculated on an hourly basis to the next hour however much time has elapsed into the next hour. Chargeable time will include time used collecting parts from suppliers, whether collected on route to customers premises or collected during the work.
- Minimum labour charge. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall charge a minimum labour charge during normal working hours of one hour.
- Charging Period. Where charging rates overlap, the rate charge shall increase or decrease according for the relevant periods.
- Materials and part changes. Parts and fittings stocked on Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd vans shall be charged at the current selling list prices of Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd and shall not be subject to any discount except by way of confirmed written agreement. Materials collected from merchants shall be charged at cost price plus handling charge, any special delivery charges, plus up to 100%.
- Fixed price quotations. A fixed price quotation shall be provided in writing or a fixed price will be agreed on site and written in on the job report sheet or invoice and signed by the customer.
- Invoices are strictly nett and the quoted price will be adjusted to meet any price in labour and materials occurring after the date of the quotation.
- Water/Heating. Quotation for water and heating installations are based on the assumption that the existing plumbing/system is in a satisfactory condition. No responsibility is accepted for defects arising from defective plumbing, pipes tanks, boilers, oxide system sludge or parts attached. During or subsequent to installation or repair work carried out Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- Travelling time. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not charge any travelling time during normal working hours except when this involves collection of materials from suppliers, but shall reserve the right to charge travelling time when the work shall be carried out in a location not within the normal working area.
- When adverse weather, traffic or access conditions shall cause additional travelling time to that which is reasonable during normal working conditions or the time, distance and expense of travelling to any job shall be uneconomical in relation to the job being carried out.
- Hire charges. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not charge for the usage of the normal small trade tools but shall pass on any charges incurred through hire of special tools and plant and shall itself apply reasonable charges for the use of its own plant and special equipment and tools.
- Value Added Tax. All quotations, estimates guide rates prices etc, given by Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd verbally or in writing shall be subject to value added tax at the rate currently in force.
- All parking costs and inner and outer city tolls will be charged to the customer.
- Payment Authorisation. No work shall be undertaken until the customer or the (customer’s authorised person/agent) has signed the authorisation and undertaken to make payment on completion of works if an account customer has undertaken to make full payment within the agreed terms.
- Waiting time for payment. No work will be undertaken until the customer (or the customer’s authorised agent) has signed the authorisation and undertaken to make payment on completion of work and Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall be entitled to charge for waiting time.
- Payment Collection. Where, for whatever reason, the customer is unable or unwilling to make payment on the completion of works the company shall be entitled to charge for additional time expended on the collection thereof.
- Advanced payments. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall for whatever reasons to require advanced payments, stage payments of deposits before or during work.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall reserve the right for whatever reasons to refuse cheques unless supported by a current guarantee and or to require the customers to make payment by case.
- Dishonoured Cheques. Should payment be offered by the customer by cheques which subsequently on presentation for payment is dishonoured for whatever reason, a charge of £40.00 shall be made to the customer for each and every presentation to offset the administration charge suffered by Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- Account Facilities. By prior arrangement only Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall allow account facilities. Only signed official orders shall be accepted lieu of payment, and shall be specific condition of the company granting account facilities that this Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd terms and conditions shall take precedent over all others.
- Account terms. Payment is due within 7 days unless otherwise stated.
- Overdue accounts and/or Late Payment. Overdue accounts and late payers shall be liable to late payment charges at 6% over bank base rate per month or part month and an administration charge of £18.00 a week until the date of payment.
- Legal costs/collection and expenses. If after 30 days from date of invoice, Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd have not received payment of any debt owed to it, Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall be entitled to employ the services of solicitor and/or collection agency and shall be entitled to charge and recover from the customer all and every reasonable expense incurred in obtaining and retaining settlement of the debt.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd retain a lien upon all materials, plant and machinery, even though installed or delivered on site, for the whole of any unpaid balance due to Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd hereunder.
- Way leaves. the customers shall be responsible for obtaining any necessary consents, casements or way leaves for any reinstatement of disturbed ground, in case of extensions to underground disturbing mains or of overhead disturbing lines which are within the customers own property or on privately owned property over which the customer has right of access or attendance.
- Any license or permit or other authority necessary for the execution of the work shall be obtained by the customer.
- Much of our work is dirty by its very nature and spillages of water and making do occur from time to time and are sometimes unavoidable. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd will take all due care and attention to avoid or keep to a minimum dirt, wet and damage. However, Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd are often dealing with awkward/emergency situations over which it has little (if any) choice or control and Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd has clear conditions as to liability (if any).
- Making good Etc. whilst every care will be taken by Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd, it accepts no responsibility for any damage to plaster work, decoration, flooring etc. necessary or consequent upon the execution of the work unless specifically provided for in the quotation. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good, but not permanently finished or decorated. Floorboards will be replaced but special flooring will not be permanently re-fixed.
- The customer shall prepare work areas and walkways and fully protect or remove carpets, furniture and valuables and should the work areas and walkways not be fully protected or removed the customer shall accept all risks of spillages, leaks, stains, breakage and damage.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not be liable for any damage caused though the customer not taking adequate precautions by removing or protecting carpets. Furniture and valuables in the work area or walkway that are unprotected or unremoved items shall be regarded as of nil value.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall remove furniture carpets and valuables if so specifically requested by the customer but shall not be responsible for damage caused by carrying out such works nor be responsible for their reinstatement of the cost thereof.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall move/dismantle/ reassemble/reaffix/replace cupboards units floorboards and the like of or so requested by the customer but shall not be responsible for damage caused carrying our such work nor be responsible for their reinstatement of the cost thereof.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not be responsible for marks, stains, spillages or any other event causing damage which it deems avoidable in the circumstances prevailing at the time of work.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not undertake any work for any customer proposing to hold Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd responsible for any damage caused by events covered in conditions 25 to 30 indemnity 31 except for liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd personnel, of the company’s obligation concerning the work done shall constitute the full extent of its liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by the customer weather by negligence of the company or arising from any cause what so ever and Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall not be liable for any losses consequential or otherwise
- Whilst every effort is made to provide a prompt and reliable service, Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd is dependent on many factors which are out of its direct control and which from time to time do arise. Transport availability, fuel restrictions, weather and traffic conditions, availability of personnel, availability of parts etc. Always provided that the company has made reasonable effort to provide service, Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever for any delay in performance of its obligations (if any) due to any conditions, events, omissions or states of affairs beyond its direct control.
- Guarantees, all guaranteed work shall carry an unconditional ‘no quibble’ warranty during which time any defects arising directly through faulty manufacture or parts or workmanship shall be rectified free of charge.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall only accept any carry out the customers work instructions on the basis that then warranty shall be for 60 days only, and no work shall be undertaken whatsoever for customer proposing to hold the company responsible for any defects or damage arising or notified after 60 day, unless that the work shall benefit from an extended warranty agreement paid for by the customer.
- Where the work specifically benefits from the company’s 60 day warranty and during that time becomes defective and fails ,the company shall, subject to terms and conditions provide support service between the hours of 8.00am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays within 36 hours of notification and will make no charge for labour rectifying the failure or defect nor charge for replacing any faulty parts supplied by Advance Heating & Plumbing Ltd, providing that the failure or defects is due to solely through parts supplied and charged for by the company with in the previous 60 days but will be charged labour /parts to rectify failures or defects where, on inspection, all parts supplied by the company within the 60 days are confirmed to be faultless and/or are being prevented from working satisfactory due to the reasons and will also charge for any new or extra work which is not a direct duplication of work already done and charged for within the previous 60 days, or where the necessity to carry out that work previously was not-apparent at the time of the work neither carried out nor charged for, or where the customer has been previously advised the situation may occur. Any support service requested by the customer outside the scope above will be provided if all possible but will be liable to an additional charge.
- Parts and manufacturers Guarantees. Parts supplied to Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd by main suppliers and manufactures, and then on to the customer shall be sold by Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd to the customer on condition that (a)Parts supplied shall benefit from the manufactures/suppliers warranty(if any) and that any proven defective part shall be exchanged item for item for item or its invoiced value refunded (b)no responsibility nor liability shall be accepted for any consequence labour cost losses, or damages claimed or suffered by the customer (C) no liability shall be accepted for any amount exceeding the invoice value of the part(s).
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd own warranty considerably exceeds any manufacturers guarantee by providing a full 60 days parts and labour warranty. However, while Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd shall itself bear that labour cost during its own warranty period of 60 days and will additionally supply replacement parts free of the duration of the manufacturer’s guarantee (if Any Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd will apply its normal labour charge after 60 days.
- All guarantees will be immediately invalid if there is found to be to be any evidence of misuse, tampering, attempted repair or removal by any persons other than Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd service staff or Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd authorised agent(s).
- Parts and materials will only be supplied on the above basis, and parts will not be supplied by Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd to any customer proposing to hold the company responsible for any period, costs, expenses, parts in excess of those covered above.
- Work not guaranteed. Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd, will within reason (unless clearly dangerous or hazardous) carry out any work on the instructions of the customer, whether against our advice, of a temporary nature, incomplete or unlikely to last etc but on the strict irrevocable understanding and agreement of the customer that Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd carries out such work totally and absolutely without liability or responsibility.
- Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd doses not accept responsibility for the failure of any fire protection equipment in the event of a fire.
- Removal / retention of parts /rubbish / scraps. Parts and rubbish will normally be removed from the customers premises free of charge on completion of the work, unless bulky or heavy and likely to cause disposal costs when the customer will be advised of extra costs. Parts may be retained by the customer unless a warranty claim is involved or unless they have to be returned to manufacture/supplier on an exchange basis. If the customer wishes to retain parts, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that parts are retained. Once removed from site disposals are likely to be immediate and Advanced Heating & Plumbing Ltd will be unable to recover such items once removed from the customer’s premises.
- The headings used herein shall be for convenience only and shall not in themselves from part of the terms and conditions. The customer’s statutory rights are unaffected.
- It is our experience that while genuine complaints do occur from time to time, the majority of potential complaints are found, on actual investigation, to have nothing to do with the work regionally carried out and our aim is to give some guidelines which will assist in maintaining the friendly personalised relationship we like to have with our customers.
- Fully describe the work you need to be done or the fault you want attending to discuss it with the tradesman, give him as much information as possible. Agree what the course of action will be and how it will be done and if in any doubt ask for clarification the tradesman will in fact appreciate your interest
- Remember that we are tradesman. We are not magicians, nor do we have x-ray eyes a certain amount of preliminary investigative work may have to be done and sometimes a certain amount of seemingly wasteful work may have to be done.
- When faced with the choice of an expensive replacement or a relatively cheaper unguaranteed repair, carefully weigh up the advantages and disadvantages before making your decision.
- During the work, take an interest, try not to look over the tradesman shoulders all the time but periodically see how things are going and if there is something you are not happy with say so immediately so that it can be discussed before continuing
- After the work has been completed, the tradesman will require you to check the work to make sure that you are totally satisfied. It is essential that you do so as you will be then required to sign the customer’s acceptance.
- The invoice. This will be completed and in addition to describing what has been done may make comments and recommendations. If so, discuss these issues if you have not already done so as they are obviously notes of importance. They will refer to work done and/or advise of possible further work that might be necessary
- We provide a very reasonable warranty period for guarantee work and as a rule the only complaints we receive arise from a defective part and usually, within days rather than weeks. The majority of potential complaints concern unguaranteed work where hours, day or weeks later the problem reappears. Effectively confirming our own recommendations at the time of work, while a high proportion of unguaranteed work may last, those which do not, should not expected a guarantee and correct diagnosis of works carried out.
Making a Complaint
- Before making a complaint, realistically assess whether or not your complaint is a separate issue in relation to the works you have had carried out, check invoice for works which have been undertaken.
- If you believe our work is faulty please contact us giving your invoice number, the invoice date and the issues surrounding your complaint.
- If you are not sure if the fault is connected with work we have undertaken, it is wise to contact us on the basis that even if it is unconnected to the work you have had carried out it will need to be dealt with as soon as possible.
Last updated June 2021
Schedule An Appointment
Or Get an Instant Quote
London, Watford, Herts, Middx & surrounding